- Sizes ½” to 2½” can be used to create stunning and accurate Sashings.
- The Fluro yellow ones are the most popular for Quilt As You Go Sashings (1 ½”, 2″ & 2½”).
- The Orange ones are fantastic to fold the binding strips for the edge of your quilt (2½” & 2¼”). If you cut your binding 2½” wide you will use the 1¼” Sasher tool. If you cut your binding 2¼” wide for a thinner binding you will use the 1⅛” Sasher tool.
- The Pink ones are fantastic for those who want to do trims on garments (3/4″ & 1″).
- And the Blue ones are brilliant for those who want to make bias for stems or trimmings around appliqué (1/2″, 1/4″ & 1/8″).
Designed to help make stunning sashings for Quilt As You Go quilts, the Sasher™ Collection Large Set has a total of 10 different sized Sashers, including 1/8″, 1/4″, 1/2″, 3/4″, 1″, 1 1/8″, 1 1/4″, 1 1/2″, 2″ and 2 1/2″ wide.
The Sasher Collection Large Set also allows you to make:
- very fine bias strips for applique and Celtic designs
- peepers to highlight sashings
- sashings with corner stones
- bias strips for stems
- double fold binding to bind quilts
You will notice that the sides of the Sasher have a curved shape. This is so the curved edge of an iron can neatly fit against the Sasher as you push it along; Which means no more burnt fingers! Pauline recommends using the mini iron as it fits perfectly in the curve of the Sasher.
Please note – the size on the Sasher is the finished size of the folded strip. For example, if you require a 2″ finished size, cut the fabric 4″ wide and then put through the 2″ Sasher.
The Sasher Collection Large Set won the Industry Innovation Award in the 2015 Australian Craft Industry Awards.
Watch our video as Pauline shows you how to use the Sasher Tools.