NAME: Fringe Foot
Also known as: Fringing Foot
BROTHER PRODUCT CODE: F025N
MACHINE TYPE (Sewing or Overlocker/Coverstitch): Sewing Machines
MODEL COMPATIBILITY: Suitable for both 7mm and 5mm max. stitch width sewing machine models in the Brother range.
IDEAL APPLICATION: This foot creates three-dimensional loops and fringes on the top surface of your fabric with a single zigzag stitch. The loops can be also fringe by sewing with straight stitch along the root of loop and cutting bobbin thread.
Making loops or fringes:
- Select a zigzag stitch and set the stitch width to more than 5 mm.
- Decrease the upper thread tension and test various settings to see which one works on the fabric you are using.
- Line up the centre of the presser foot on a drawn pattern line and sew (cut the centre of loops to make fringes).
Creating tailor tacks:
- Sew a few stitches to mark.
- Mark a guideline to follow on your fabric.
- Line up the centre of the foot with the guideline and sew.
MEANS OF ATTACHMENT: Clip-on to shank piece
BASE MATERIAL: Metal
Not the foot you were looking for? Try our looking in our Brother Feet section for our complete range.